This page will be updated with more information as and when we receive it.
How to watch Olympic dressage live
Watching in the UK: BBC
Eurosport is also broadcasting live sporting action from the Olympics via its TV channels and its Discovery+ live streaming service. It currently appears that Discovery+ maybe the only way for dressage fans in the UK to watch the grand prix. There is a three-day free trial currently available when you sign up to the service for a year, although you will not be charged if you cancel before your free trial ends. Terms and conditions apply. Watch live now
The BBC schedule is still to be confirmed, and while it was hoped that sessions would be shown on bbc.co.uk/sport, it now appears that this doesn’t include the grand prix or the grand prix special. It was expected that the grand prix special (team final) and grand prix freestyle (individual final) would also be shown live on BBC One and/or iPlayer, but as the special got underway it was not being broadcast.
Due to rights agreements, you need to be in the UK to stream and download programmes or watch BBC TV channels on BBC iPlayer. But if you download a programme on BBC iPlayer when you’re in the UK, you can watch it anywhere in the world. You can download programmes on your computer or mobile/tablet.
Watching in the US: NBC
NBC will provide coverage, which can be accessed on local NBC stations as well as streamed on NBCOlympics.com, NBC Sports, and Peacock. The exact schedule is yet to be announced. NBC is only available for free in the US.
Watching in New Zealand
Sky and TVNZ
Watching in Belgium
RTBF via La Deux
Watching in Australia
Watching in Hong Kong
TVB, NiuTV, Fantastic Television, Cable TV and NowTV
Watching in South Africa
Watching in Canada
CBS Sports, SportsNet and TSN
- Full list of offical Olympic broadcasters around the world [PDF download]
Times below are displayed as is correct in Tokyo with British times shown in brackets.
Grand prix day one: Saturday 24 July
Grand prix day two: Sunday 25 July
Grand prix special (team final): Tuesday 27 July
Grand prix freestyle (individual final): Wednesday 28 July
Keep up with all the action with H&H
We’re in Tokyo
- H&H is sending journalists Pippa Roome and Polly Bryan and photographer Peter Nixon to the Olympics so we can bring you all the news directly from the Games.
- We also have staff at home supporting our coverage so we can bring you the fullest coverage of every aspect of the sport in Tokyo.
Find all our Tokyo news at horseandhound.co.uk/tokyo-2021-olympic-games, including:
- Numerous reports throughout and after every session of action from the Games – the joy or disappointment from riders after their performances, views on the courses, riders’ Olympic experiences and more
- “Tales from Tokyo” – fascinating stories about riders from all over the world
- Our horse and rider of the day
- Previews of the next day of sport, including ride times for all the key contenders and Team GB riders
- Blogs from our team on site in Tokyo
The Horse & Hound Podcast
Find all our podcasts at horseandhound.co.uk/podcast or search “Horse and Hound podcast” in your podcast app – and then hit subscribe or follow to ensure each new podcast automatically downloads so you don’t miss any episodes.
- The Horse & Hound Podcast, our regular weekly podcast, is supported by Petplan Equine over this period
- Hear from Irish showjumping team member Cian O’Connor on this week’s podcast (15 July episode)
- Our 22 July episode will be an Olympic preview special and the following four episodes will include analysis of the sport from our experts in Tokyo, plus interviews with Olympic riders
- We also have a Daily Tokyo Special podcast, supported by Toggi
- The Daily Tokyo Special podcasts will cover each day of the equestrian sport, released as soon as possible after it happens to capture the full excitement of the competition
- You can also listen to many Olympians in our podcast back catalogue, including Nick Skelton, Charlotte Dujardin, Ginny Elliot, Carl Hester, Ian Stark, Tina Cook, Laura Tomlinson and David Broome
Horse & Hound Magazine
Our magazine reports will contain the best photos, analysis and insight from our team in Tokyo and experts such as Blyth Tait, Gareth Hughes, Mark Phillip, Richard Davison and Bettina Hoy. The issues are:
- Thursday, 22 July – form guide: details of every horse and rider in the equestrian competitions
- Friday, 30 July – team dressage competition (note the magazine is out on Friday instead of Thursday this week to allow us to cover the whole team dressage competition)
- Thursday, 5 August – individual dressage and full eventing competitions
- Thursday, 12 August – full showjumping competition
- Thursday, 19 August – Olympic commemorative issue
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade to access our H&H Plus online service which brings you breaking news as it happens as well as other benefits.